About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Monday, March 19, 2018

LONG DISTANCE CONNECTION


Bounty Hunter 6 and I went to Iron County, Utah to reduce the chizzler population on 3-19-2018. We arrived in a field of endevour at 11 a.m.ish. It had been cold and wet for several days and we were forced to stay on established roads or farming paths to not chew-up the fields with 4X4 tire tracks.

The chizzlers, although huge in size, were not out scurrying around. They were under ground sleeping and resting and reading The Chizzler Gazette over tiny expressos.

Bounty Hunter 6 and I did harvest maybe 75 big boys each in 3 hours of shooting. It was a fun trip. It is quite satisfying to nail an old herd bull at over 100 yards with a .22LR round. Not much wind but really cold today. Glad I had on multiple layers of clothing.
112 yards out 1 shot .22 LR

No comments: