About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

COLD, SLIGHT BREEZES, LOTS OF BIG CHIZZLERS ! ! !

Bounty Hunter 6 and I went to Iron County to harvest vermin from the farmers fields as a public/community service effort.  We drove up at 10:00 a.m. and the weather seemed foreboding.  We continued on even thought the temperature outside was 28 degrees and there was a 10 mph wind blowing.  We both had worn various layers of clothing to fight the cold. Long johns and under armor to the rescue.

We started shooting off the squirrel-o-matics at 11:30 a.m. or so.  We shot .22LR and 17 HMR rounds at the foe from 30 to 130 yards for about 2 1/2 hours.  We did our duty with gusto. All-in-all maybe 500 profit stealers were taken out of the mix.

We drove home congratulating ourselves for braving the cold and shooting so successfully even given the cold weather.  This is what I have been waiting for -- REAPING CHIZZLERS.

No comments: