About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Monday, March 12, 2018

DID OUR DUTY


Saturday, 3-9-2018, J.L. and I went to Iron County to help the farmers by shooting a few hundred profit eating -- hay field infesting vermin.  We arrived on a dormant half circular irrigated alfalfa field at 10:20 a.m.  We set up the squirrel-o-matic and a card table in the back of my pickup about 125 yards into the yet to sprout out green alfalfa field.

The carnage began almost immediately. We acquired targets with the scope sighted 22LR Savage rifles, pressed ever so gently on the trigger until a round discharged. The intended target, usually a big old male chizzler, would then pop up in the air, or roll over several times, or do the break-dance of death.  YES, sometimes we would miss and the chizzler would look around through his near sighted eyes and wonder what that noise and dust kick up was?  Over all I think we connected with our intended targets around 65% of the time or maybe more.

We shot a combined 730 rounds of ammunition.  Small idle talk among shooters was at a minimum. We did utter the maniacal laugh often heard from chizzler reapers as the result of an excellent shot from time to time during our spree of dealing out death.  We were anxiously engaged in a good cause.  My phone alarm went off at 1 p.m. and we rolled up equipment headed back to civilization. I had obligations in the afternoon to take care of.

Great conversations with J.L. and a fun day hunting chizzlers. 

1 comment:

Brad said...

The kalifornia battalion is standing by ready to deploy.