About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Slow day in the alfalfa field. . . ? ? ?

Crap-o-rama, Lynn and I went up to Iron County, Utah to shoot some chizzlers and help out the farmers, Thursday 4-6-2017.  I couldn't believe it but the chizzlers were all gone to a convention or a party or a revival or a "chizzler--ention" somewhere out of the area.  I saw very few varmints.  I shot at some and Lynn shooting a .22 magnum shot at some at longer distance.  Lynn is quite the head shooter.  He nailed some at over 100 yards and I was truly impressed.  Overall Lynn took about 40 or 50 out of the ranks of profit eaters.  I did manage to end a few chizzlers, like 20 or so.  Most of the shots were at distance and I posed for the above photo with one of the few I harvested.  I was totally let down from the fine shoots we have had in the recent past.  We drove to five different locations scouting targets before we could finally settle down on a shooting spot. We found Bounty Hunter 6 and five of his amigos hunting. They were shooting spurraticly but I could tell it wasn't as good a hunting as just a few days earlier.  A couple of the B H 6 shooters accused us of shooting them all in the weeks before and the reason there were so few targets on this day was due to us.  NOT SO !

I speculate that the females are having their offspring right now and the entire horde is waiting below ground for the births then they will assault in mass on the alfalfa fields in just a few days, like 7 - 10 days.  Figure one male, one female, and about five or six babies coming up in two weeks to mow the alfalfa fields down to the the bare earth.  It will be financially difficult for the farmers.  It will be financially difficult for the poor chizzler reapers buying ammo at "Hillary" prices.  I will dedicate myself to stopping the infestation as much as I am able.

{P.S. I am so sorry for the gross photos on my last post.  I put them on and though they were fun at the time.  Now as I look back I think I went too far using them.  Sorry for my lack of professionalism but I am just a "blogger" you know.}

No comments: