About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Friday, March 14, 2014

VENGEANCE OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER .. or .. Spring Break boredom

 On target, hold breath, squeeze the trigger, . . . pop goes the chizzler

Spring break has been upon us in Southern Utah.  The Supreme Commander slept in multiple days.  She and I went to Las Vegas shopping.  She worked in her garden.  All is well except she was bored on Friday morning, 3-14-'14.  At noon I suggested we go hunt some chizzlers in Iron County.  She was so bored she agreed to go!  I was so surprised and happy at the same time.

We arrived at a nice location, set up the squirrel-o-matic and I gave her the basic instructions on how to load and fire a .22LR rifle.  She had some trouble finding the little vermin in the scope for the first 45 minutes or so; then all heck broke loose.  She was doing head shots and jumping them up in the air and even giggled once or twice I think.

I was shooting a .22LR also and we were doing our duty to help the farmers preserve their alfalfa profits.  All in all I think we did rather well.  We shot for about 4 hours and then took the drive home.  On the way home I heard the words that every husband longs for, "I really had fun, I think I could get into this".

Who knows maybe in two more years she will have spring break and we can go hunting again.  I love this girl.

Take no prisoners!


No comments: