About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Day 6 of the Namibia 2019 Hunt

Sunday April 15, 2019

Up at 6:15 a.m. breakfast as usual - German snacks cold cuts, cheeses, extra delicious bread, jam.

Out to hunt -- Dax and Sigi end up with a blue wildebeest to track and shoot.  I stay with William and kind of guard the truck.  My foot has me limited in how much I can get around.  I see various female warthogs with young ones in the field I am looking out over.  They don’t see me and it is kind of fun to watch them look for eatables as a group.  William hears Dax’s shot and we load up to go to them in the truck.  We figure there is something down.  (I am also kind-of deaf due to my age and shooting so much without ear protection for 30+ years.) We find Dax and Sigi and they lead us to the beast.  It is a pretty good one.  We take photos and load it up with the winch.  We take the animal back for processing and for our lunch.


Lunch is chicken thighs and legs stewed with veggies and served in a clear sauce over spirelli pasta.  I eat the tossed salad and the noodles but am not hungry enough to eat the chicken.  Fresh cut up fruit with custard is dessert.  The fruit tastes so refreshing.  Way good!

After lunch break at 3:30 p.m. Frauke takes me on foot to see Hans Peter’s grave.  It is a beautiful place for him over looking the farm to the west.  His parents and his sister are also buried in the family plot.  I told Frauke I deeply believe in Jesus Christ and the resurrection and eternal nature of one’s soul.  I believe in families forever.  She is a way strong woman and sincere friend.  I want her to be OK.  It is hard to do as she has done all her life.  She is a quality person and an example to so many black and whites of what to be.  She also assured me of her testimony of the resurrection and the eternal nature of  one’s soul.

After our visit to the grave site Frauke took the little boys to Windhoek and left at 4:30 p.m.  I said goodbye to them and wished them safe journey.  Out to hunt again without luck.  I shot at a jackal at 400 yards and shot too high.  I was offered a shot at a blue wildebeest at 518 yards and I declined as it was too far.  It started to rain so we all piled into the truck cab and headed back to the farm house.

Everyone is worn out and off to bed at 9:45 p.m. snoring soon after. . . .

No comments: