About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Monday, May 6, 2019

IN PRAISE OF THE .338 Win. Mag.

I have just returned from an 8 day safari in Namibia with my son.  We had an excellent adventure.  We took many plains game species out on the veld.  The food was excellent, the accommodations were first rate, and the P.H. was truly a friend.  I want to show you all the photos and tell the story but first I need to show you a scan of my patron saint cartridge the .338 Win Mag.

Both my son and I shoot a .338 Win Mag rifle and it has performed outstandingly over the years.  My son named his "The Designated Hitter".  He has taken game from jackrabbits to elk with his trusty rifle and a Leupold 3-9X 50mm LR scope.  He is confident at shooting big game up to 500 yards with the combination.  I named my rifle Darth Maul after the color scheme on the stock.  I have taken many animals with this fine shooter.  More later on the Africa trip.


P.S.  Chizzler season is the craps.  No animals to speak of.  The farmers love the situation they are going to make a profit this year.  I, as a chizzler reaper, am thoroughly unhappy.  Bounty Hunter 6 and I have been to Iron County Utah to hunt vermin three times and the most we ever harvested were about 75 each one day in March.  Prospects seem way bad for chizzler hunters.

No comments: