About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

HUNTING WITH HANS PETER -- OLD DEAR FRIEND

Saturday afternoon:  While Sigi our PH was with the police looking for the poacher Dax and I went hunting with my old friend Hans Peter Leuhl.  Peter has been my friend since 2007 when I first came to visit him in Namibia. He is a very knowledgeable fellow in agriculture, business, and hunting (besides speaking 3 - 4 languages).  It is totally great to be out in the veld with my cumpadre again.  We looked for sometime at various locations where we had been successful other years harvesting animals on Farm Garib.  It was a nice day and we had a great time looking around and while we drove from spot to spot we had great conversations about life, family, and hunting -- of course.  I feel blessed to have found such a kindred spirit so far from home.  He has been to visit my house in Santa Clara, Utah and I was so delighted he and his wife Frauke came to visit in 2014.  We looked and saw lots of game on the farm but nothing stellar, such is hunting on occasion.
Two old pals with binoculars

Friends for 10 years on different sides of the world

Where did that oryx go?

Kalahari is very similar to the Santa Clara Mojave desert
No game worthy of a stalk so at sundown we headed back to the farm house and dinner.  Typical German dinner of cold cuts and bread with various cheeses.  Pretty good I think.  After dinner we gather to watch the World Championship Series Soccer game between German and Italy on TV.  We are cheering for Germany and they win the game!  Kind of fun to be with some folks that are so excited about "their" team.  I sleep really well this night. 

No comments: