About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

HERD BULLS

I have been trying to get up to Iron County to hunt chizzlers as often as work will allow.  The major problem is: work won't allow it enough !  I always tell my friends, and family, and anyone who will listen, that "work gets in the way of having fun."  I did manage to get away on Monday, 5-16-16, and hunt for about two hours.  Unfortunately, in mid morning the weather started to go against me -- dark clouds, wind, and the rain started to fall.  I left the field of extermination way before I was ready {I actually still had some ammo.} and went back to work in Santa Clara.  I did manage to shoot about 200 chizzlers in the short time I was there.  The farmers are so glad to have the crop eating demons out of their economic picture.  I haven't written too much about my hunting adventures of late, sorry.  Maybe some photos will make up for my absence in cyber space. ?

Gang of chizzlers and one herd bull.

95 yards from the truck and they thought they were out of range.

Spy looking out of hole left me only a head shot.

2 herd bulls with a pistol to give relative size idea.

No comments: