About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WHAT A PLEASANT MORNING



Bounty Hunter 6 is back in town from Alaska and wanted me to go hunt chizzlers with him.  I agreed to go but with the condition we came home early as I had lots of work to do.  {I am actually trying to make a living here you know.  Besides, with the price and scarcity of .22 l.r. ammo -- it is harder to make ends meet.}  We left Santa Clara at 8 a.m. on May 8th.  We drove to one of the farms plagued with vermin and set up our battle station.  We started to shoot as soon as we got out of the truck.  We seemed to be surrounded by mostly teenager and baby chizzlers.  There were a few big old "herd bulls" taken out during the battle.



I was loading and shooting as fast as I could and still maintain accuracy.  We delivered lethal doses of lead to the varmints for 2+ hours.  I fired about 170 rounds.  The wind came up slightly and the area where we were was "shot out" so we packed up and started for home.  It was amazing.  While we were shooting I could hear the telltale "plop" sound from Bounty Hunter 6's .17 HMR as he connected over and over and over again with chizzlers.  Occasionally he would snicker loudly and I could hear it through my ear plugs.  I admit I too was snickering as I laid waste to tribes of chizzlers.  I even got to shoot some cannibal chizzlers.  When they started munching on their recently shot dead cousins I shot the cannibals as well.  The best bait to draw out the adolescent chizzlers is a dead chizzler.  The two dead chizzlers is even better bait for more chizzler targets to show themselves.

I had a dream I was taken hostage by some renegade chizzlers and was forced to fabricate a proto-type nuclear powered super revenge chizzler robot.  I was tortured and finally forced to make the mechanical beast for them.It was made of the only metal available in the chizzler domain, empty brass.  I have a picture below the dream seemed so real  ???


I need to quote my friend from Soda Springs, Idaho.  He and I used to hunt rockchucks lots.  We hunted so much we got in deep trouble with our wives year after year for never being home in the spring when the rockchuck season started up as the snow melted. We hunted with centerfire varmint rifles out on lava flows between farmers fields in the potato state.  It was great fun.  He said, "This is really fun but wouldn't be half as much fun if they shot back."

No comments: