About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

DRAW A TAG? SO NOW WHAT ???

I am waiting.  Waiting for the big game draw results.  I need to know if I should be happy or totally dissatisfied with my ability to draw a hunting tag for the fall.  I like to huntI like to get ready to huntI like to day-dream about huntingI am so totally happy to remember both in my mind and through photos the wonderful hunts in the past years.  I am not alone among sportsmen who travel in my Goddess Diana worship circles.



The State of Utah Division of Wildlife Resources seems to have my hunting life and dreams in the belly of their contractors' computer belly over in Fallon, Nevada.  Crap-o-rama, I want to have a tag to hunt some big game every year.  I guess I could try to get a camel permit for the desert around here.  I could put in for and probably draw a Sasquatch tag for the mountains above Heber City.  Still I would really like to draw a deer tag or a bear tag or a bison tag somewhere in Utah with relative consistency.

I am not rich.  I can not buy an auction tag for $250,000 for deer or elk at the wildlife banquets --  I am out of luck and out of buck$.  I can recognize big game hunting is going to get harder and harder to do for the next decades.  I need to find an alternative.  I am going to start looking at Africa and good 'ol Namibia lots harder in the future.  I can buy a Namibian license, travel to the far away Kalahari desert, hire a great guide (PH is what they are called over there) and harvest 3 - 7 big game animals and return for less cost than a single elk hunt on a CWMU.  I have been to Namibia before, and I am sure I will go again.  "Utah We Love Thee" is the state song, however, Namibia is where the oryx run free and the kudu are home on the big red sanded range.  Tags are available .... 

No comments: