About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Utah Deer Hunt 2008

The Utah deer hunt proved to be a real hunt. I didn't see many bucks and the ones I did see were so young I just couldn't bring myself to shoot at them. On the last day I saw an 18" 3X3 and thought about shooting but he will be much better next year. It was tempting as he was about 30 yards from a road and could have driven almost to him. But, still ... no shot. I had a great time hiking around looking for something larger than Bambi. I really enjoy the experience of getting out in nature and hiking around with a rifle, some snacks, and the tag that allows me to harvest a deer if I want to. I had a great time and will do it again when I can.

1 comment:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

Sounds a lot like my 2008 UT deer hunt, expect I didn't even see an 18" 3 point. If I had, he would have been in serious trouble. However, I agree that just being out is the best part.

Dax