About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

AFRICA TRIP






Hola Amigos,
I wanted to show you some photos from my recent 11 day trip to Namibia in the southern end of Africa. I really had a great time and I feel lucky to have succeed as well as I did. I used a Ruger KM77R II in .338 Win Mag caliber to harvest all these animals. I used a Barnes 225 gr. Triple-Shock bullets with good success. Oryx (Gemsbuck) seemed the hardest to put down of all the animals I hunted. The animals were shot at distances from 150 to 397 yards. All bullets completely passed through the animals except for the Oryx, one bullet was lodged against the skin on the far side. All animals were dispatched with one shot except the Oryx, it took two shots in the chest at about 350 yards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be a crack shot (and a rich bugger too) to get all those African animals in that short amount of time. Where did you learn to reload? Do you have a favorite scope for long range shots?

Accuracy Sports said...

I learned to reload out of necessity {$} in college, I read the Hornady and the Speer reloading manuals. Then there was a lot of reload trial and error. My favorite scope for long range is the Burris Fullfield II 6.5-20X 50mm. It is clear, has A.O., a lifetime warranty, and is affordable.