About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Day 8 of the Namibia 2019 hunt

Tuesday April 17, 2019

Up at 7:00 a.m.ish and eat the farewell usual German breakfast.  We load up our gear into the VW diesel mini-van and head towards Windhoek where the taxidermy shop and the airport await us.  We leave our trophies for cleaning, tanning, and processing with the kind people at the taxidermy shop.  I look forward to my black wildebeest horns and the hide as well as my first oryx  being euro-mounted. 

We head to the airport and check our bags.  South African Airlines has a company rule that ammo needs to be transported in a separate locked container.  Even though it came into Namibia just fine in our luggage from the USA a week ago we have to combine our ammo with Jim Sorenson’s and borrow a lockable box from Sigi to ship it home.  Ken chooses to leave his ammunition with Sigi -- they both shoot the true and correct caliber = .338 Win Mag.  Dax and I take ours home via Blackfoot, Idaho in a locked box. . . .  gradually?

The flight home is seemingly extra long and the layovers are hard to handle.  I am so tired and my foot problems are not helping.  I watch several movies on the way across the Atlantic ocean.  If  I did not have so dang much fun I would not do this again.  I am already thinking about when and how to come back to Namibia and hunt for the one and only Ugly Old Hartebeest.

We clear customs in Atlanta without a hitch and fly to Las Vegas.  When in Las Vegas we catch the shuttle and ride back to St. George.  The Supreme Commander picks us up at the shuttle station.  What a trip/adventure!

No comments: