About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

BURRIS SCOPES are great

I need to tell the story about my 4.5-14X 42mm Burris Fullfield II scope.  I have used it for a few years and I have taken a lot of game with it.  It is easy to use and is always right on target for me when I shoot.  I have to do my part shooting -- like holding still and squeezing the trigger -- but as for the Burris it is way more consistent than I am.  I took this scope to Namibia, Africa once and took several animals with it, like oryx, hartebeest, blue wildebeest, zebra, and warthog .  I have taken deer, bear, elk, and pronghorn in the USA with it.  I have used it to shoot at longer distances thanks to its "ballistic plex" reticle with good success.

An issue came up.  I am getting older and my eyes are gradually dimming.  I was shooting targets the other day and I noticed my scope was not as clear as it used to be.  I inspected the lens and it was clean.  I looked backwards through the lens from the objective end and noticed some dust had gathered on the lens interior.  I think some small particles from manufacturing had come loose or something.

I boxed it up and sent it to Burris with a request to clean it up inside and ship it back to me.  I know they have a LIFE TIME warranty.  The scope left my post office on a Monday and I received an e-mail that the folks at Burris had the scope and were working on resolving the issue my scope had on Thursday.  10 days later a UPS package arrived at my house from Burris in Greeley, Colorado.  It was a brand new scope of the exact model I had sent in.  WOW was I surprised.  I thought they could repair my scope but Burris choose to send me a new one.

THANKS TO BURRIS !
Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14X 42 mm
 ballistic plex reticle

No comments: