About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

CAN YOU KEEP A. . . . . . secret?

Just to prove I am not a bad person I offered to take my dear wife, The Supreme Commander, for a drive.  The Supreme Commander was raised on a ranch in Idaho.  She is a beautiful and tough girl.  She and I went out in the country on Saturday, 2/3/18, and somehow, I don't know why, we ended up in a chizzler field in Iron County, Utah.

Get this -- I just happened to have in the back of my truck all the necessary items to hunt chizzlers. So I figured 'what the heck' and set up shooting stations for us. It was a very calm afternoon and the temperature was around 60° F.  At 3:30 p.m or so there appeared out about 125 yards a few early riser chizzlers. Just up from their winter's nap. They were frisky little buggers running to and fro. I managed to sight in on and end the frolic for about two dozen of the alfalfa stealing demons with my 22LR dispatcher.  My closest shot of the afternoon was at 95 yards.

This is the absolutely earliest day in the year I have ever helped agriculture with their vermin problem.  The targets were far away for my little rifle. I didn't shoot all that well. I left way too many for seed. I did however, reduce some of my pent up frustration about hunting chizzlers. The S.C. and I spotted and shot for about 90 minutes then packed up and motored towards home.

What a day. What a glorious day! 👍 😀   😈
"The early bird" gets the round
{P.S. Bounty Hunter 6 heard about my adventure with the Supreme Commander.   He demanded a photo. He posted about it on his facebook account. Then he made me go back to the same chizzler field and hunt with him on Monday, 2/5/18.  We shot for about 2 hours in 9 MPH winds and then the weather took a turn for the worse.  We had endured winds for our entire time hunting but the actual storm front came in and rain was starting so we packed it up and left.  We reaped about 4 dozen total.  Not fast and furious shooting but still so fun to help agriculture after many cold lonesome months just thinking about it.}

No comments: