About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Monday, February 20, 2017

CRAP-O-RAMA I want to hunt chizzlers so bad I am almost ready to buy a 6-pack of hamsters at the pet store and set them out in my backyard as a way to ease to my passion's burning fire.  My trigger finger itches tons.  I am watching TV with my binoculars.  I range finder at my refrigerator.  My Supreme Commander thinks I am more nuts than usual.  I need to start the carnage.

It has been rather reasonable weather around here in Washington County -- 70º+ some afternoons.  Climatically, it should be close to chizzler season opener in Iron County even though it is about 3,000 feet higher elevation up there.  Bounty Hunter 6 and I went up to check out the prospects the other day and saw ideal conditions but not a single chizzler.  It was over 60º, blue sky, and no wind.  I was at least hoping for a few "mentally ill" type chizzlers that would be out and about early in the slightly cooler air.  NO WAY.     NOTHING.     NADA.

To make matters worse, my hunting pals are also going bonkers.  Mr. Bob is pretty much waiting in his truck for the word to come.  I think his wife is almost glad he is getting out of town as he has been driving her nuts with anticipation.

I will post as soon as I draw my first bead.  I have a lot of pent up frustration.  I will take no prisoners.

No comments: