About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

PONDERING THE FUTURE AND REMEMBERING THE PAST

I am just worn out. Been working way too hard for such an old man.  Tearing out the  carport for my son and then will build a garage to protect him and the little rascals from the snow and cold in the coming winter months.  Had a great meal (thanks to my dear daughter-in-law), welcome shower, and resting of course my mind wonders off to hunting.  I am going to elk camp this weekend with my grandson.  He has the tag, his dad and I have the "fever" so we must take him and help him find an elk on the special youth hunt tag he drew.  The fall season in the quakies at 8,000+ feet elevation and the cool air is just invigorating.  Then when you hear an elk bugle it all turns to magic in the mountains.

I also am thinking about hunting chizzlers in Iron County, Utah.  I found a photo of Fred and Mabel Chizzler as they have their last kiss before the long winter's nap.  I wonder which will be the first to come out in the early spring and smile at me in my cross-haired viewfinder.  You know what I mean. . . .

No comments: