About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Monday, March 28, 2016

10 IN A ROW

We have been enjoying good weather, e.g. 75ºF afternoons, and  the emergence of more chizzlers from winter hibernation than we have ever seen before.  I shot the photographed vermin the other day with one single 10 round magazine full of .22 L.R. rounds in less than 10 minutes.  Yes, they were all out at the same time and within a 10 square yard radius.

I can only say there have been so many chizzlers out two different farmers have driven out into the field where I was shooting to ask me to come shoot on their land when I finish up where I am currently hunting.  The spring weather has the little varmints out and eating like combines.  On Fri. 3-25-2016 my two sons and I were hunting with Bounty Hunter 6 and we, four, managed to stop the crop damage of over 1,000 chizzlers in one field. 

It is the time of year!  We have found the spot! Chizzler hunting has never been better!  If only I had some good sources for ammunition. . . . .

No comments: