About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Preparation for the Elk hunt 2011

I am getting really excited for the up coming elk hunt.  I have an 'any bull' tag for open bull areas in Utah.  My son also has the same type tag and my other son is going to come to the camp and help us.  I am truly blessed to have two great sons.  The adventure of elk hunting in the high mountains with my sons is what life is all about.  I am hoping my daughter-in-law and some of my grand-kids can come too.  Even if we don't get an elk it is a wonderful experience to all be there together in God's majesty and enjoy the crisp air and the smell of pines and quaking aspen trees.  The hunt opens Saturday October 8th!

I made an extra small blaze orange vest for my granddaughter who is just one 1/3 years old.  I hope she can come to elk camp again this year.  She came last year at age 1/3 and didn't complain.  This year she can walk so maybe we can scout out a 6X6 together?  {I wonder if she can clean an elk by herself or if she will have to get her dad to help her?}

No comments: