About Me

My photo
With no chance for success, you would not hunt. Without the prospect of failure hunting would have no merit. I don't hunt to kill, I kill because I hunt. Remember a moderate hit is lots more effective than a high powered miss. Best of luck.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Deer Hunt 2009




Deer hunt 2009 has started. Wednesday 9-23-09 was the opening day of muzzle loader season. I went out and saw a lone doe, and a doe with two fawns, and as I walked back the "Forever trooper II*" at sundown I saw another doe with two fawns. I think the deer looked healthy and seemed to have lots to eat around the mountain. Just no bucks to be seen. I think the bucks are still up high even though I was at 7,900 feet above sea level according to my GPS.

I feel so limited with a muzzle loader. My .54 cal. Hawkin style muzzle loader can only shoot 100 yards +/- and with my bifocal glasses I can only see clearly between 20 and 80 yards. Closer than 20 yards and more than 80 yards I have to rely on "the FORCE" to help me with targeting. I promise to not wound as many deer as the archery hunters. If I can't make a clean shot I won't take one. Besides it takes about 3 - 4 minutes to reload for me.

*check out the photo of the "Forever Trooper II" This red rocket raider is just perfect for a hunting car. I really only drive it about 300 miles a year and all the miles are going hunting or going to the dump with a trailer full of trash. NO, IT'S NOT FOR SALE so don't get any ideas. Pres. Obama wanted to sucker me in with a $4,500 cash for clunkers deal but he didn't get me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how much do you want for that trooper? I have to have it, money is no object.

B.O.

Accuracy Sports said...

Dear B.O.,
Sorry, but NOT FOR SALE means NOT FOR SALE. I really got a laugh out of your comment, thanks tons.
The lucky Trooper owning guy,
Accuracy Sports

Lifes Great Adventures said...

That looks like the perfect vehicle to take hunting. Hopefully you get one. Spencer hasn't got one yet. We did see a wolve & 2 large bucks the week before the hunt started-now they are all hiding:(.